Learn with the Best School is a Raligh, NC (formerly Cary, NC) based K-12 private school that specializes in working with students with pervasive developmental disorders (PDD/PDD-NOS) on all ends of the Autism spectrum as well as Down Syndrome, ADD, ADHD, social anxiety, developmental delays, learning disabilities, sensory processing disorders and other types of cognitive and genetic disabilities.
Low Student - Teacher Ratio
We provide individualized one-on-one and small group instruction designed to enhance student performance by tailoring academic and social skills instruction to each child's unique strengths and needs. Our low student-teacher ratio ensures that all of our students are active learners and make progress in all areas of their lives.
Our Private Kindergarten is a highly structured, inclusive setting which is based on Common Core curriculum. The goals of the program are to encourage academic, social, and emotional growth to foster independence and leadership in our students.
Two Elementary - Middle School Classrooms
- Currently we have two elementary - middle school classrooms.
- One class is based on a rigorous academic program that promotes self-directed learning through a rotating centers model. Students receive one-on-one direct instruction with the lead teacheras well as participating in independent academic centers. This occurs for all core academic areas.
- Our second elementary - middle school classroom focuses on the mastery of Foundational Language and Academics. This classroom is based on Verbal Behavior (VB) and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) as the foundation for building language and academics as well as shaping desired behaviors through positive reinforcement. Students are taught using error less learning, a fading prompt hierarchy, discrete trial training (DTT) and natural environment teaching (NET) as well as a token economy. This class provides instruction for children who are both verbal and nonverbal and teaches communication systems such as the picture exchange communication system (PECS). This classroom also incorporates elements of TEACCH such as picture schedules and independent work tasks.
Two Middle - High School Classrooms
- We also have two middle - high school classrooms.
- The Academic program is closely based on the Common Core standards with individualized curriculum that is modified to ensure comprehension of academic concepts.
- The second classroom is a Life Skills and Academic setting which is based upon ABA theory and expands on mastered foundational language and academics skills with a focus on transitional skills, social skills, vocational, and daily living skills.
|Our K-12 school year operates from 9:00am - 3:00pm on a 10 month calendar starting at the end of August and finishing at the end of June each year.|